måndag 7 juni 2010

Att tänka efter före

Fick ett mail från min käre far som jag tyckte var väldigt fint. Så här stod det:

If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again...

If I had my child to raise over again,
I'd build self-esteem first and the house later.
I'd finger paint more and point finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know more to care.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.
I'd be firm less often and affirm much more.
I'd model less about the love of power
And more about the power of love.

Jag hoppas att jag kan ha med mig det här under åren som kommer så att det blir saker jag har gjort och inte saker jag borde ha gjort.

1 kommentar:

Hallonmoln.... sa...

Ja det var mycket tänkvärt.